Chemotherapy is a medication treatment that applies dominant chemicals to demise the fast-growing cells in your body. For cancer treatment chemotherapy is used as cancer cells grow in multiple numbers. There is a lot of medication available in chemotherapy. Doctors have advised either single or combinational drugs in chemotherapy treatment.
If you are diagnosed with cancer, depending on your condition your doctor might refer you chemotherapy in Siliguri to get relief. Although chemotherapy is an important way of cancer treatment, this process has a lot of side effects.
While some abnormal cells are divided into multiple numbers and invade, and diminish normal tissues of your body, you are then affected by cancer. The disease cancer can spread throughout the body. It is the second important reason for death. The recovery rate increases for many types of cancer. Proper screening, treatment, and prevention are required here.
There are many options for cancer treatment which include:
- Radiation therapy
- Bone marrow transplant
- Specific drug therapy
- Hormone therapy
When you need chemotherapy
- Chemotherapy is used for a cancer patient to demise the cancer cells.
- While all other ways are ceased chemotherapy plays a sole role to heal from cancer.
- After the tumor surgery if any cancer cells are yet alive chemotherapy is used to kill them. This is called adjuvant therapy.
- To lessen tumors chemotherapy is often used. After diminishing the tumor radiation or surgery is possible. This is called neoadjuvant therapy.
- By the demise of other cancer cells, chemotherapy is help to reduce the symptoms of cancer. The process is called palliative chemotherapy.
- In a stem cell transplant treatment chemotherapy is used. While bone marrow or blood cells are affected by some diseases bone marrow treatment is the only way to cure them.
- Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are required an overactive immune system. This can be possible through mild chemotherapy.
- One of the sensitive diseases is a blood cancer which requires no surgery, only chemotherapy can heal the issue.
- If there is any possibility to spread cancer in the future or it is already spread out chemotherapy is the necessary step.
- Doctors sometimes suggest chemotherapy at the same time as radiation. This is called chemo-radiation. It can prepare radiotherapy more impactful, however, the side effects are dreadful.
Chemotherapy drugs have some remarkable side effects. Each medication has different side effects and those are not the same as each other. Moreover, the common side effects are as follows:
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
- Mouth Sores
A few side effects can be cured by medication. Many defects are also revealed completing the treatment process:
- Heart Issue
- Kidney Issue
- Recurrence of cancer
- Lung Tissues diminish
- Peripheral Neuropathy
Discuss with your doctors to get referred for the chemotherapy in Siliguri about side effects. Scans and other imaging can be done during chemotherapy treatment to notice your condition.
This treatment and testing all are done under the guidance of your doctor, and monitoring your improvement doctor will decide to adjust further treatment planning.