When it comes to protecting the oral health of the patients, the doctors strive to provide the kind of prevention needed to protect the health of your teeth. Then what is oral cancer?
Let us know about it…
Oral cancer begins in the mouth, which is also called the oral cavity. But it can also grow in other parts of surfaces covering our mouth.
Anyone can get oral cancer but it is most common among the people used to smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol or other factors. Even excess sun exposure is also a risk factor of oral cancer.
The early stages of oral cancer:
Whichever the disease is but especially cancer is not easily detectable during the early stages. Likewise, the early stages of oral cancer can develop completely unnoticed as:
- It does not cause any pain
- It does not cause any discomfort
But early detection is essential to treat the disease as early as possible. How?
Early detection is the key while treating any form of cancer but most of the patients fails to do so. They get their diagnosis lately only after they get reached to the stages of medical treatment. But, not to worry about this now.
A new method is invented for detecting cancer:
A new process has been invented to lower the number of deaths caused by oral and other forms of cancer each year. A chewing gum is being developed that will help to identify whether a person suffers from cancer or not. Even more encouraging, this new life-saving gum will soon be available to the public.
How does it work:
The product is beneficial but it will work by absorbing “volatiles” in the saliva of any individual chewing the gum. Once the gum has absorbed enough saliva needed. Later it is then examined to detect whether the chemicals can lead to oral cancer or not in the future.
How does this help:
- The doctors: After observing the compounds in the chewing gum, it helps the doctors to quickly identify which type of cancer the patient might develop in their body.
- The patients: The newly developed chewing gum has also helped the patients in a significant way. They do not have to go through the uncomfortable blood and urine tests to diagnose cancer.
The work of the chewing gum:
- Gum is the ideal way to diagnose cancer in testing cancer because:
- It stays in the mouth for an extended period to collect the sample
- It reduces the durability of repeated testing
- It is easily transportable
- It helps the patients receive early cancer diagnose
While further testing is needed before launching this chewing gum, which will be a new light of hope for an individual to detect cancer soon.
So, you need not be confused and prepare for the betterment of life.
Need for regular dental care:
The prevention of dental care can lead to a variety of oral and dental problems or can even cause cancer. So, in recent years, researchers have shown that regular cleaning can help to eliminate dental problems. It also increases the chance of having a healthy tooth and gums. And it can surely reduce the number of deaths in the future.